10 Iconic Nashville Signs (and What Makes Them So Instagramable)
Nashville is known for a lot of things…good music, great food, the best hockey fans in the country, and even better people. And, while the food options and cultural experiences Music City has to offer always leave a lasting impression on tourists and locals alike, those aren’t the only things that have helped create lasting memories. Another thing that makes Nashville so great is its iconic signage and murals throughout the city.
Take a drive around the city, and you’re likely to run into at least a few signs and murals that have become “Instagram icons.” As Nashville’s premier sign and print shop, we want to take a moment to share some of the top signs and murals found in and around the city, as well as a few tips about what makes them stand out.
10 Iconic Nashville Signs & Murals
Here are ten of our favorite signs and murals around Nashville:
- Loveless Cafe—This sign makes it obvious that Loveless has been serving up the best in fried chicken and biscuits since 1951.
- Pancake Pantry—If you don’t notice the line that’s wrapped around the block, the sign will definitely catch your attention.
Robert’s Western World—Downtown Broadway could have its own top 10 list of signs, but this one is our favorite.
Rose Pepper—Rosepepper definitely wins the award for funniest sign in the city.
- Nashville Predators Banners—We were proud to partner with the Preds on this project to showcase Smashville pride on a grand scale.
- Tennessee Titans Stadium Banners—Whether you’re going to a game or driving past the stadium, you can’t miss the larger-than-life banners hanging around Nissan stadium.
- Nashville Sounds Scoreboard—When you live in Music City, it only makes sense for your scoreboard to (visually) make some noise. Thankfully, our friends over at the Nashville Sounds make the most of that opportunity.
- I Believe in Nashville—Installed after the historic flood in 2010, murals like this one have popped up across town and have become an anthem for the city.
- Nashville Looks Good on You—Let’s be honest: Nashville looks good on everybody.
- ’What Lifts You’ Wings—Whether you’re 6’2″ or 2’6″, you can’t make a trip to The Gulch without snapping a picture with your wings.
Bonus Tip: Click here for a fun map of Nashville’s iconic murals.
What Makes Them So Instagramable?
What makes these signs so popular? Here are a few lessons you can remember when it comes to creating signage that stands out:
- Quality Materials—As you’ll notice from the list, you don’t need neon to create a sign that stands out. We’ve created signs using everything from metal to wood to plastic and even custom millwork. The biggest takeaway is to use quality materials that will last.
- Eye-Catching Design—The design of your sign is everything, and there’s a fine line between too simple and too complex. This is why it’s important to have a professional designer who understands signage to help you with creative concepting and design.
- Intentional Location & Placement—In real estate, it’s all about location, location, location. The same can be said for your signs and murals. Where you place your sign can make or break whether people will notice your business.
Need a Sign that Stands Out?
While you may not be wanting to attract hundreds of tourists to take pictures outside your business, our team at Big Visual Group knows exactly what it takes to help your signage stand out. We can help you navigate how to choose the right exterior sign for your business or explore unique environmental signage packages for your upcoming event.
Whatever your needs, we’ll guide you in determining the style, design, and materials that will help your business make a stunning first impression. Check out our sign products in Nashville and set up an appointment with our experts to get the process started today.