File Submission Guidelines
Please Set Up Files to the Following Specifications:
ACCEPTED FILE FORMATS
- In order of preference: PDF (saved at Press Quality), TIF, EPS, INDD, AI, PSD
- Certain file formats are better for certain jobs. If you are uncertain, please ask
LINKED IMAGES AND FONTS
- Please include or embed all linked images and outline (which is preferred) or include all fonts
- Please use the Package command in Illustrator or InDesign to submit files
COLOR AND PROFILES
- Please work in CMYK and Pantone Solid Coated values only
- Do not convert Pantone spot colors to their CMYK builds. Our print software recognizes Pantone Solid Coated fills, which increases our color accuracy. This is not true for any other spot color, i.e. Pantone Uncoated, Pantone CVC, etc.
- Do not use custom named spot colors, i.e. “Company Name Blue”
- Please keep in mind that some Pantone Solid Coated colors are not achievable in process printing
- RGB files may be submitted, but risk undergoing a color or profile shift
- If your project is color critical, please request an actual material sample or a Catzper (color grid) chart for Pantone Match*
- Do not submit any artwork with objects set to ‘Overprint’ unless instructed to by our Design Department. Overprinting may cause unexpected results which may vary from your on-screen view.
- Do not submit any artwork with crop or trim marks, registration marks, color bars, or page information
- Our default working color space is U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
- All files must be set up to correct final size at one of four scales: 100 (1:1), 50 (1:2), 25 (1:4) or 10 (1:10) percent
- When supplying scaled files, the scale must be noted
- Please increase PPI on raster files to compensate for lower scales. Example: If my banner is at 1/10 scale and I want it to have a final PPI of 100, the 1/10 scale PPI should be 1,000
The following are recommended Resolutions in Pixels Per Inch (PPI) for a final size:
- Vehicles/Wall Graphics/Window Graphics – no less than 50 ppi and no more than 100 ppi
- Banners/Flags – no less than 75 ppi and no more than 150 ppi
- Billboards – no less than 25 ppi and no more than 75 ppi
- Small Format/Close View Applications – no less than 150 ppi and no more than 300 ppi
- All submitted files should contain a low-resolution PDF or JPG content proof of the art
Bleed must always be included. Bleed varies by product and application. Below are a few common bleed sizes.
- Fabric/Vinyl = 1″ bleed all sides
- Rigid/Small Format = 0.25″ bleed all sides
- Wrap = 3″ bleed all sides
PLEASE SET UP FILES TO THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY DELAYS OR ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO YOUR PROJECT
*Printed Samples, Proofs, Catzper Charts, and other color matching services require additional charges and turn-around time.